Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pimple under mole, bleeding. Can I get cancer now?

I had a pimple pop that was under a mole on my cheek. It%26#039;s bleeding really bad. Can I get skin cancer now?|||No, not from how you have described the situation. But you should be careful of infection.





If, at some point, it does not heal it might be a good idea to have a dermatologist biopsy or evaluate it for you. Keep an eye on it.





Incidentally, when my son was little he had a mole on his neck that kept getting bigger so we had a surgeon remove it. We thought we were protecting him against cancer . . . little did we know that despite doing all we could to protect him a few years later he developed an abdominal cancer. All that time and we worried about the wrong thing! The mole was not the problem . . turns out the tumors were in his abdomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment