Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How do I prevent myself from getting pimples after I shave?

Whenever I shave, with a razor, I get pimples on my face... How do I prevent myself from getting pimples?





Should I swap the razor for an electric shaver are those better?|||If it is acne, this can be caused by bacteria so I would recommend that you get an anti-bacterial face scrub to use before you shave. Also make sure you change your blade regularly and wash it properly with hot water. You can even rinse it with rubbing alcohol once per week - this will stop bacteria build up on the razor.





As for razor bumps, these are caused by hairs being cut too close and when they grow back, they grow underneath the skin and become infected. If you still have some, get someone to have a go with some tweezers to pull them out.


To avoid them, make sure you shave with the grain of your hair. This is very important. Never shave against the grain.





If you have sensitive skin you should probably get a sensitive skin shaving gel and aftershave balm as well.|||I%26#039;m not a guy so I don%26#039;t know if this applies, but could they be ingrown hairs becoming infected? This happens to girls too when we shave our legs, etc... It could be the razor or the cream you%26#039;re using. You%26#039;ll want to find a cream that%26#039;s hypoallergenic and a quality razor. Even with girls those make a WORLD of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment